Thursday 22 January 2015

My Blog is Seven Years Old






My blog is seven years old. I  can't believe it's been so long since I started blogging. It seems like yesterday.



I write a post on this day every year and I lead my readers through all the posts that I wrote the year before. However, I was a lazy blogger last year (as I have already explained here) and there wouldn't be much to share. So, instead, I have decided to celebrate my blog's seventh birthday by sharing seven random blog posts. I am not looking for the best posts, or even my personal favourites. I am not sure what criteria I am using here, but I hope you like the result.

My number one, Publishing My First Ebook Chapter, was written last year and it will lead you through the 2014 Ebook EVO session (or, at least, my experience of it). Since I am moderating #ebookevo this year, I thought it would be useful both for me and for my readers to go through the process of creating an ebook this early in the 2015 session.

How I Became a Teacher is a personal story about how the profession chose me. If you don't understand what I am talking about, you should read the post.

7 Reasons Why Educators Should Blog was originally written as an assignment for a writing MOOC I attended on Coursera. You will notice that a lot of effort went into this post. I also had more personal reasons for writing it - I was trying to convince a group of reluctant bloggers to just do it. If you are not a blogger yet, but want to start blogging, or if like me you have recently gone through a stage when you felt like giving up, read this post.

Activities for the First Class contains some nice warmers and you might find it useful.

Free Tools Challenge - Animoto contains practical ideas how you can use my favourite digital storytelling tool. I am rather proud of this post.

Trouble with the Mobile Phone is a lesson plan with a role play worksheet that I created. Hope you find it useful.

I would like to finish with Murphy's Law for EFL Teachers because we can all use a good laugh.

That's all, folks. Thank you for reading my blog. I hope I'll see you more often in 2015. In fact, I'll be reckless and make this a promise.

And stay tuned for more EVO updates.


3 comments:

Janet Bianchini said...

Happy 7th Birthday for your blog, dear Natasa!! What an incredible achievement, and it is wonderful how we have kept in contact since we both started blogging all those years ago.

Wishing you many more blogging birthdays to come!!

Hugs from a very rainy Abruzzo :-)

Natasa said...


Thank you, dear Janet. I have always been amazed at how much we have in common - our birthdays, our blogs...Your support has meant a lot to me during these seven years. Let's keep blogging and sharing.

Hugs from equally rainy Belgrade

Janet Bianchini said...

Thank you, dear Natasa! Your words mean a lot to me :-)

Warm wishes from a rainswept and windy ABruzzo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...